900 West 49 Street, Suite 326,
Hialeah, FL 33012

Question: What happens if I leave real estate property or money to an underage child?

Answer:  As a minor, the child will need a guardian of the property if he or she receives any property to his or her name. In Florida, if the child is under 18, then the parent or guardian of the child will need court involvement to be able to be the guardian of the child’s money and property.  A guardianship of the property will be costly and it will have to be renewed (or at least, inventories will have to be filed every year with the Court).  It can be avoided by the use of proper estate planning, such as Trust Planning.

If you want more information, feel free to give us a call at 305-456-7158 or click here to request a Life Planning & Beyond Session so we can answer this question further and any other question you may have.

Please Submit your questions here.
We will try our best to answer them in our next weekly newsletters.

File Apr 05, 10 25 23 PM
Attorney Yahima Suarez Life Planning & Beyond

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email

Contact Information

Thank you for taking the time to visit our site. 

Sign up for newsletter

Social Media


© 2019. Life Planning And Beyond. All rights reserved​
%d bloggers like this: