Traveling with children can be among the most fun, exciting, and, of course, stressful things you can do with your family. From keeping kids occupied to making sure everyone stays safe, there’s a lot to think about for parents on the go. With these handy tips, however, you’ll always be able to make the most of your trip, no matter where your travels take you.
- Plan ahead.Planning is vitally important with children, whether this means making reservations ahead of time, mapping out where to stop each day, or coming prepared with games, activities and snacks. Whether you’re flying or driving, preparation is key with children.
- Go slow.Adults may be able to power through a trip without much sleep, but children are different. This may mean stopping more frequently, scheduling flights further apart, or giving yourself more time to get ready in the morning.
- Prepare for changes.Have an appointment for a tour of a museum and your little one is having a meltdown? Be ready to go with the flow. Don’t put down deposits on events you may have to change, as children and their feelings can be flexible.
- Make it fun. Traveling with children can be a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be a burden. Ask your children what they want to do and make sure every day has an event that’s kid-friendly. Instead of stressing, remember that trips with children are all about having a great time now and making memories for the future.
- Stay Protected. For the ultimate peace of mind, make sure you left your Estate Plan and legacy in order, especially your named guardians and appropriate instructions for the event of an emergency and do not forget to travel with your “Protect My Child” id cards for in the event of an emergency those around you know who to call and what to do.
Yahima Suarez, PA
Legacy & Estate Planning for your Family