Q2. When do I start paying child support?

A: You must start paying child support as soon as you stop living with the other parent and the child is not living most of the time with you. If the child lives with you, then you should be receiving child support right away. If you never lived with the other parent of the child, child support must commence as soon as the child is born.

Yahima Suarez, Esq.
Yahima Suarez, A Law Firm, PL

Any information herein contained is only for information purposes, it is not intended and shall not be construed in any way to constitute legal advice.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: